PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I soften-smooth out under the eye area on a photo...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

selinev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: How do I soften-smooth out under the eye area on a photo... Reply with quote

Hello, I have Photoshop 6. Can someone please help me with face touch up of dark circles under the eyes, lines, etc. on a picture? I do know how to use the Clone stamp but that technique completely cleans up the area and then it looks too unnatural. Is there a way to just lighten it, soften just that area, but not completely clone it to be as smooth as the cheek area? I'd like the picture to be touched up, but still look natural for older people. Or is there another plug in that would work better than Photoshop? Thank you. Seline

combiBob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest, quickest way is to go ahead and use the clone tool but set the opacity to say 40%. When it looks good, stop.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best approach always depends on the image itself.

In this example I used the healing brush on it's own layer mainly for wrinkles or creases in the skin. On another separate layer I used a large soft brush with low opacity and flow (15 & 15) to paint over and even out color (to sample colors often, hold the alt key). Build up the color slowly.

When painting like I did you may need to add a little noise to the layer to help match the grain of the original image.

selinev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to CombiBob and Hawkeye...... this is very helpful! I appreciate it. By the way, do either of you use a program for adding a frame or beveled edge to pictures....with or without a shading? I have tried several, and not delighted with any. Nothing fancy, just a nice edging is what I am looking for. Thanks! Seline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: