PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need tips for removing acne in a photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dward1222

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Need tips for removing acne in a photo Reply with quote

Hello again everybody-

I am doing some senior photography and some of the photos show a good amount of teen acne. What tips can you suggest to help remove it or what have you done that would help as well.

In case it matters,,,I'm using Photoshop CS.

Thanks- Doug LOL

Damo77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The healing tools are good for this, but I can't remember if CS had those tools. I know CS2 did.

Could you show us one?

dward1222

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Senior Pics w/ Acne Reply with quote

Hi There-

Here is a photo of the acne I am trying to remove. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm using Photoshop CS.

P.S. I had to re-size a copy of the original photo, so it might look a bit blurry when viewing it large.

Thanks for looking.

Sincerely- Doug

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate the layer twice, on the middle layer in the stack Gaussian Blur until all the flesh tones meld into one (don't worry about complete loss of detail). Now select the top layer and goto Image>Apply Image and input the following settings (I presume it's an 8bit image) in the layer make sure you have the Gaussian Blur layer selected, Blending>Subtract and Scale>2 and Offset 128. Now change the layer stacks Blend Mode to Linear Light. In practice what you will have looks no different from where you started, but you have separated the texture from the colour and luminosity. On your top layer (the one that looks grey) use a healing brush (not clone and not spot heal) set on Current Layer and get to work.

aftermath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Duplicate the layer twice, on the middle layer in the stack Gaussian Blur until all the flesh tones meld into one (don't worry about complete loss of detail). Now select the top layer and goto Image>Apply Image and input the following settings (I presume it's an 8bit image) in the layer make sure you have the Gaussian Blur layer selected, Blending>Subtract and Scale>2 and Offset 128. Now change the layer stacks Blend Mode to Linear Light. In practice what you will have looks no different from where you started, but you have separated the texture from the colour and luminosity. On your top layer (the one that looks grey) use a healing brush (not clone and not spot heal) set on Current Layer and get to work.

Awesome. Works like a charm. Please keep helping us like this.

jaysen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:

nice information it works for me

SallyH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know you could do that, but I've tried it and it works really well.

mahoers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:

really thanks, this is works for me, i just spare 3 days for my life just to get information about this...

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out to all, that this is not my own technique (hopefully most didn't think it was) there are many explanations around the web, that go into the proper reasons and maths behind the technique. I won't provide links but it's just a frequency separation, for those who want to research deeper. It's not new, just trendy ;) I'm a jaded retoucher and have learnt heaps from that one technique and its applications.

soporteservidores0111

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:

Thank you for the great post, this is the information what I am exactly searching for.. It did the trick, once again thank you for the nice post..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: