PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop effect filters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

knips

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Photoshop effect filters Reply with quote

I'm new in editing photos with Photoshop so I hope you can help me. Do you know how to add effect filters so the pictures get a retro style (they have to look old, dirty and dark) as seen here? Does Photoshop support these filters by nature or do I have to buy / download new ones? Do you know good tutorials on the web?

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
that grouping of pictures didn't exaqctly match what you were saying as far as old , dirty, dark ... etct ... the first two were off color which lends itseld looking old in itself...

you don't have to buy anything the filter you presently will do fine also you'll be using various blending to blend other images for example you have your picture and you have a texture with alot of cracks then you can then blend into your main image .. or again use cloud layer efffect and maybe some serpia toning and some blending to make something look old..

and there even free actions the net that can make things easier...

now there a ton of tutorials on making a image look old ...there just too numbers to post... and you may need to use techniques from more than one tutorial, depends on the look you want... and how old....

use search criterias like "photoshop tutorial old photos" or "photoshop tutorial vintage photos" or "photoshop tutorial old photos", etc,

this searth result has a lot of tutorials hits..

http://www.bing.com/search?q=photoshop+tutorial++creatingold+photos&FORM=DLCBLB&PC=MDDC&MKT=en-us

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build up a texture library, culled from free stock imagery and then learn blend layers and masks. Of course some plugins could help with some of the other effects, but you may as well learn the manual way.

AaronBoatman11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where could i find the tool of easy skin beautifying for PHOTOSHOP CS5? thx.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
probably be a good idea if you posted the skin question as a new thread more people would see and the picture in questions since many time what tools and features that are used depends on the image itself...

now i may misread what you really want there wasn much detail...

so i am sort of assuming your talking about skin enahncement in generall

note: if your just talking about repairing minor imperfections ie; spots on skin.. probably then the spot healing brush, make sure the content aware is checkmark although try out the other 2 choices...

you didn't say what kind of skin there all sort of skin techniques and they use different tools and features and effect... ie; ultra smooth, porceln look
or enhancing sking texture, etc etc etc....

now this link has 2 or 3 that may help you plus it address other specifics..
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/15/70-beauty-retouching-photoshop-tutorials/

another face part group of tutorials and there about 3 on skin ...
http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2007/05/15/a-complete-guide-to-digital-makeover-in-photoshop/

http://basictrainingofphotoshop.blogspot.com/2011/07/adobe-photoshop-airbrushing-natural.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: