PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
1st Image on Photoshop please comment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Vinkev1 Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: 1st Image on Photoshop please comment Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

First image on photoshop. Would like some comments. Like what can i do better?

Greets,

Ezio.jpg
 Description:
Ezio Auditore
 Filesize:  163.52 KB
 Viewed:  594 Time(s)

Ezio.jpg

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends, depends on what your planning to use Photoshop on the long run (just making some personal wallpapers/backgrounds/facebook covers) or you really want to get in to the photomanipulation, photo editing, graphic design related things and post your images as wallpapers, custom covers, posters etc on something like deviantArt or VGboxart (two examples from where I hang out and post some stuff from time to time.)

Try to decide in what kind of direction you want to go with Photoshop and watch some basic tutorials on cutting out images, the pen tool, colour matching etc and then tune in on where you want to go with Photoshop. Try to walk along with the tutorial just to have some steady practise.

One thing, personal or for any of the above uses, the soft edges on Ezio himself, it would have been better if you would have used just sharp lines, a crisp selection. I know this makes him blend with the background a little better but it really hurts the quality of the image in focus here..

Then there's the part I wouldn't really worry about if this were for example a wallpaper for your own use, as then the only thing that really matters how you feel about the colours/font etc.
If I were to do something similar, I wouldn't have put Ezio in white and red against a deep green background, at least not without bring back some of that green on Ezio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zigegKl5Z-Q is a 20 min tutorial I found on youtube which offers some methods for colour matching.
I most likely wouldn't have gone with the font you chose, Ezio resembles the Renaissance and the font is way too modern for that. (Even the animus in the game series uses a really clean/neutral font)
Again those two points wouldn't really matter if this is lets say again a wallpaper to pretty up your own desktop but are kinda the things you might want to look into if you want to start sharing your works.

Just to be sure: I'm not saying your image sucks, far from, I don't remember what my first Photoshop image looked like and I think I'm better off that way. Just trying to give you some pointers of things you might want to learn and improve as you asked in your post.

Hoping to have helped you with your first steps into the wondrous world of Photoshop,
Bart

PS. Welcome to the forums ^^

Iain

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great advice and ideas Rarity, we could all learn something from that post.

Thanks !

Vinkev1 Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the response very usefull

tytytyty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: