PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
61GB PSB animation file won't open (for school project)
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

beenawhilehuh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: 61GB PSB animation file won't open (for school project) Reply with quote

Hello,

Title basicly says most of it. I get an error which says my scratch disks (dutch: werkschijven) are full.
I'm guessing I don't have enough RAM, but I'm not sure if buying more RAM is a great idea. There is still a chance it will fail again even with more RAM.
The 61GB file is a scene from an animation, it's only about 10 seconds long.
61GB is definetly a lot for 10 seconds and I don't know why the file is so big, but I must admit I have a whole bunch of layers and the resolution (3000x3000) is pretty big.
For the next scenes in my animation I'm working in a lower resolution and I'll try to merge as many layers as possible.
But I still think 61GB is weird, because the other scenes who are similar are 14GB and 5GB which is much less (still a lot though).
My specs are: laptop, 16GB RAM, 64bit, 2.6Ghz, Windows 10. 474GB of 907GB available.
I also got a PC with a faster processor but he's much much slower than my laptop in general.
Is there any way to open my file succesfully? It's a real bummer because the only thing I have left to do in the file is export it to a video...
I do have a back-up of the file from when it was just 9GB big so if I'm not able to open the file I'll finish it again.

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: