PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
A disturbing feeling...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

riku5150

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: A disturbing feeling... Reply with quote

In desperation to get people to join my site, I almost spammed.

We are all familiar with the illegal VISIT THIS SITE threads, and dispise and criticise the people that start them, right? That's what worries me. I almost became one of those people. Its really weird, but I understand those threads now, and respect them

www.invisionfree.com/I_N_S_A_N_E__forums/

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand them, but I don't respect them. As an administrator, I tend to think of things from that perspective. Yes, I want my sites to be successful, but at what cost?

As an administrator, I understand what goes into cultivating a userbase and the effort it takes to build one of decent size. Do I want to take advantage of another administrator's userbase by posting an advertisement on his website?

The approach to take is that if you wish to advertise something and there is not an advertising forum, that you ask the administrator for permission. Chances are that he or she will say no (I do), but that is the respectful and appropriate thing to do and he or she will most likely appreciate that and it may lead to other things. You must have respect for your fellow administrators and if they choose not to respect you, in return, that is their problem and you will find out who the people who are worth associating with are.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

riku5150

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe not respect, I wouldn't have Respected myself if I had done it....Im gonna ask a few freinds if theycan put a link in their sig.

www.invisionfree.com/I_N_S_A_N_E__forums/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: