PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Adjustment layer help: Color Balance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

woPLrdAY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Adjustment layer help: Color Balance Reply with quote

Tried searching the web and couldn't find this so I am posting here..

So I am trying to render a .png file for printing on a shirt but the trouble comes when I try to merge my Color Balance Adjustment Layer with the rest of my logo and brushes.. the brushes are pale white instead of highlighted by the adjustment layer.

I have even tried merging just the logo and the brushes and then using Image>Adjustments>Color Balance but it comes out the same.. Here are the before and after pics..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehuwcqgb3fp0jv8/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2012.41.40%20AM.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok4sfv8y5q4rzg3/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2012.41.59%20AM.png

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats happening is the grey between the black and white is what the color balance layer effects to give it your green glow.
When you combine the three layers without the black there is no grey hence why the colored glow disappears.

I am guessing your tshirt material is going to be black which is why you need it on separate layers.
To get your art with the glow on a transparent background...

1. Place all the layer inside a folder(/group) in the layers panel.
2. Go to the channels tab and hold ctrl and click the RGB channel thumbnail. (you should have a selection of the colored part of your art now)
3. Go back to the layers tab and with the group/folder selected click the add layer mask button.

This should give you what you need.

woPLrdAY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woPLrdAY wrote:
Gave me this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6c6qp9uha86dgb/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%206.28.52%20AM.png

Looking at your history, 'merge visible' should not be there at all and the black background should have been made into a layer and placed into your group folder before the Load Selection and Layer Mask part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: