PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Adobe buys Macromedia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Adobe buys Macromedia Reply with quote

http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/18/technology/adobe.reut/?cnn=yes

Possibly the best news I've ever heard in my life. $3.4 Billion dollars well spent. Maybe we'll see some better Flash/Photoshop integration here in the future. *Fingers Crossed*

Will be interesting to see what happens to Freehand and Fireworks.

Will it be Adobe Dreamweaver now? Will they keep Golive?

So many questions. So few answers. lol

I love the growing behemoth that is Adobe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like fireworks.... i like macromedia better than adobe myself juext because macromedia has so much to offer

alanh

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Yeah I'd agree that Fireworks definitely does seem to be better for web imagery than Photoshop but the possibility of a comprehensive combination is pretty appealing.
Alan

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I Used Fireworks, Flash and Dreamweaver at school, and they are all good programs, especially web based, but i still prefer photoshop over fireworks, as its the more powerful option, even if fireworks is better for web editing images

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a pretty cool combo, all in all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose, but im trying to get the school to install photoshop in their graphics rooms, so at least if i need to do somethign i cant do on fireworks i can do it on photoshop whilst still at school

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ronmatt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: the merger Reply with quote

the engine that drives innovation in software is competition. What will happen when Adobe sucks up all of it's competitors? History proves that nothing is more sluggish than a monopoly. As pricy as Adobe products are now, people at least had the option of using Fireworks and Freehand and , for that matter Flash for vector work, if they couldn't afford the premium adobe apps. That option is now gone. It's no different than GM absorbing Ford then Chrysler.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the day is coming when the 'ordinary guy' or the student will be priced out of the Adobe market. What do you think life would be like, (all you PC people) if Adobe bought Apple ( there has been talk) You'll have to think of trashing your machines. Then you'll have to get the 'new G6' which, of course will only run 'Adobe CS3'. Don't cheer too loudly.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very good, yet worrying point, but i dont think adobe are that mean

vel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: the merger Reply with quote

ronmatt wrote:
the engine that drives innovation in software is competition. What will happen when Adobe sucks up all of it's competitors? History proves that nothing is more sluggish than a monopoly. As pricy as Adobe products are now, people at least had the option of using Fireworks and Freehand and , for that matter Flash for vector work, if they couldn't afford the premium adobe apps. That option is now gone. It's no different than GM absorbing Ford then Chrysler.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the day is coming when the 'ordinary guy' or the student will be priced out of the Adobe market. What do you think life would be like, (all you PC people) if Adobe bought Apple ( there has been talk) You'll have to think of trashing your machines. Then you'll have to get the 'new G6' which, of course will only run 'Adobe CS3'. Don't cheer too loudly.

If ya hate it, there are always cracked copies.

ronmatt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idon't want to be so cynical about this merger. I want to have faith that Adobe will continue to provide us with a competitive product (even though there will be no compitition). I use only Adobe. Never cared much for Marcomedia apps or Corel. But there are issues with CS2 that really can't go unresolved. I'm in hopes that they will address them soon with updates and not 'New and Improved' versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: