PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Anybody know of a good tutorial to do this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

grandadmiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Anybody know of a good tutorial to do this? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

This is my first post here. Hope to learn a lot from you all. I have been searching high and low trying to find a way to create a logo similar to this. I've seen many people making there own renditions of this. It seems to be based off of the NBA logo. Can anybody help with this?

Appreciate your help.

19indycarseries_hr-thumb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.38 KB
 Viewed:  2303 Time(s)

19indycarseries_hr-thumb.jpg

ekosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its basically just using the shape tool and layering it, what type of logo are you trying to make with it? maybe we can do something up and walk you through it

Datameister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that the best way to do logos like this is using shapes and the pen tool. Start out by drawing a rough sketch--yes, that's right, on paper Eek --of your logo. Now look at the individual forms within the logo and decide how many shapes will be necessary and how they will be layered. (You don't have to write that part down if you don't want to.)

Different parts of the logo will require different techniques. Sometimes the Shape tools will allow you to create the shapes you need. Other times, you will need to create Color Fill layers with appropriate clipping paths. In any case, try to keep it all vector. That way, you can scale it to whatever size you want without losing resolution.

Ekosh's walkthrough idea might be good.

teddc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tend to draw it in Illustrator or CorelDraw.
The tools in these vector programs seem to make it easier than in PS. (well for me anyway)

ted

Datameister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different strokes for different folks. Birthday Big Grin

I had a difficult time getting used to paths, but now that I've used them more, they seem quite intuitive.

ronmatt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with teddc. This raelly should be done in Illustrator. It needs the crispness of vector and scalability

Datameister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more a matter of which program you're more comfortable with using. If Illustrator is more convenient, that's great. Keep in mind, though, that the results will be the same; it's up to you to pick a program that is easiest for you to use. Photoshop is capable of producing totally scalable vector images, too.

ronmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: vector / raster Reply with quote

I'm not aware of Photoshop's ability to create scalable vector graphics.
It's a bitmap program and doesn't employ any math. I know that the smart objects feature in PSCS2 is supposed to be able to do it, but I've got CS, which can't. Could you post an example? If it can maintain the crispness if vector at any enlargement or reduction, then I've got to have it. Thanks in advance

ekosh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he is refering to if you are using paths, when you inlarge the image when using paths it doesnt distort it, lease correct me if I am wrong Datameister

cbadland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop has had a vector component for quite sometime. The tools in the lower part of the tool palette (pen, type, shape/path) create vector-based, scalable graphics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: