PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
automate multiple images into seperate layers in 1 file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

karenin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: automate multiple images into seperate layers in 1 file? Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm an animation intern working for an animator who does things old school.

She gives me hundreds of animation cells to scan using her scanner into photoshop CS(nothing), using the scan utility in photoshop. the result, as we are doing it, is hundreds of separate image files. i then copy and paste each of these image files into another custom sized file as separate layers.

i know there must be a way to automate this or do it with an action, but i cannot figure it out. if you think this isn't possible with photoshop CS(nothing) i have CS3 available to me on my personal laptop.

would truly appreciate your thoughts/advice.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

File-Scripts-Load Files into Stack. Select the folder (leave the attempt to align box unchecked) and click OK. It will take a while but it will put all the files into one layered image.

You might want to test it out with just a few images first to make sure it does what you want.

karenin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks hawkeye, that does work for me on cs3. do you/anyone know/remember any way to do this using simply CS? i move between stations pretty regularly.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the stack script, it should work on CS. It's a zip file, so it needs to be extracted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ixyd4uwy5zy

karenin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

alright, that looks like exactly what i needed in the way of scripts. now i think i am one step away from knifing this frustration once and for all.

so now i'm getting what looks like a pretty typical problem: whenever i try to run the script i get an error message like this:

"Photoshop was unable to find the JavaScript plug-in."

I can't find it either, it seems to have run off. i figured i should just try and reinstall photoshop over what i've already got, but my boss is moving and the install disc is packed deep in storage.

do you think you could send me the plug-in as well?

Thank you so much for all your help so far!

username15251

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: