PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Automate the same update to several objects. pls help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Helmut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Automate the same update to several objects. pls help! Reply with quote

Hi

I have created a mockup for a web landing page in CS6. Can I in some nice way group some objects (for example underneath teh same Group container) to allow for making the same changes for several of the components in that group.

For example : If I have a set of buttons in one group that I have created with blue color. Then if I want to change the color for all these buttons to black (or something else) can I achieve that in any way, and if so please tell me how with as detailed example as possible

Another example : If I hav heaps of text layers on my mockup, same thing here if I want to change the color of the text (or perhaps font) for some of these layers in one go - can/how can that be achieved?

Not familiar with Photoshop actions, but can this perhaps do the trick? If so can you someone describe how? Smart objects, can that be used??

Help mostly appreciated to get pass this time consuming hurdle. I want to have a mockup and then in an easy way be able to replace look and feel such as color,fonts etc to quickly create a new mockup with another theme

All the best!
/Helmut

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various ways to do things depending on the requirement. For your button example, you can place all of those layers into a group. Add a hue/saturation adjustment layer to change the color and clip it to the group.

This could be set up in an action, or many actions. One for red, one for blue, one for green, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: