PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Automatic File Naming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Batchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Automatic File Naming Reply with quote

Does anyone know a way to automatically add a file extension to an image when running a saving action. eg current rile name_001.jpg (next one ..._002.jpd etc...)

thanks

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you save the action, run it as File-Automate-Batch and add it then.

Batchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into this and I can't get the functions that I need out of it. I'll be more specific about what I am trying to do...I need to save various of sizes of the same image. I currently have an action that follows the below process

1- Saves the open image as a jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _001)
2- with the image still open automatically resizes it to a specific pixel ratio
3- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _002)
4- with the image still open auto resizes it to another pixel ratio
5- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _003)
6- with the image still open auto resizes it to another pixel ratio
7- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _004)

The batch convert can achieve the individual stages of this, but I can't seem to make it save a sequence of sizes as it automatically closes the file after it is saved. I ideally want to use the above action but just remove the manual elements

thanks
BM

Batchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have looked into this and I can't get the functions that I need out of it. I'll be more specific about what I am trying to do...I need to save various of sizes of the same image. I currently have an action that follows the below process

1- Saves the open image as a jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _001)
2- with the image still open automatically resizes it to a specific pixel ratio
3- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _002)
4- with the image still open auto resizes it to another pixel ratio
5- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _003)
6- with the image still open auto resizes it to another pixel ratio
7- Saves the new size jpg through 'Save for Web' (pauses on the dialog box to manually add _004)

The batch convert can achieve the individual stages of this, but I can't seem to make it save a sequence of sizes as it automatically closes the file after it is saved. I ideally want to use the above action but just remove the manual elements

thanks
BM

66stang66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what you want to do it would require a javascript. If you have experience in scripting, it shouldn't be too difficult to write the script you need. If no experience, stop over at http://www.ps-scripts.com/ and ask for help. If it is work related and something you do quite often, it may be worth offering 20 bucks to have it written. Or, you might get it done for free if you ask nice enough. Those guys are pretty helpful over there.

Regards,
Dave

Batchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help...looks like thats the place to try...amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: