PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
background and shadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

johnsilvia

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: background and shadow Reply with quote

Hey Good Day everyone, I really hope you will be able to help me out.

I have 2 questions.

1. How can I achieve the same background as shown in the image on Photoshop (perhaps with "gradient overlay Photoshop") ?

2. How can I achieve accurate shadow as shown in the picture?

[/img]

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a typical seamless photographic paper background (maybe canvas type) with a large dose of Photoshop to clean up any edges and unwanted shadows. The shadow from the child is not created in Photoshop it's the natural shadow caste. I would guess that this image also has a small vignette added.

Henry Catherin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: background and shadow Reply with quote

Background with Gradient Overlay through Adobe Photoshop the first one, but have no idea about shadow which you mention in second one. Confused Sorry for inconvenience.

glaston1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the shadow:
Step 1- duplicate the layer with the subject(baby) and choose the color overlay layer style. Use black or dark gray, in multiply blend mode and play with opacity and noise.
Step 2-Use the transform tool to warp and distort the hell out of the shadow shape and modify the direction. This is all manual, no automation. but it works well and produces realistic results if you experiment with all the parameters under your control. Not just in the layer style, but in the layer blend mode, the opacity, fill opacity, shape, color.

OR, alternatively, you can do it completely manual using the burn tool in shadow mode with a light exposure setting. This is more tedious and requires painting skill but in some cases produces great results. But usually, with a single subject and shadow, and a simple background the color overlay layer style method is best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: