PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch action on opened files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kyrkesmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Batch action on opened files Reply with quote

When I attempt to perform a batch action on opened files, once the batch has finished, it closes the file. Is there any way to prevent this from happening, because I want to perform a subsequent batch action on the file.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a close step in your action, or you have "Save and Close" selected in the destination drop down on the batch process screen.

• take out the stop step

or

• change the dropdown to none.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

kyrkesmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at the relavent computer now, but I know there's no Stop step, because I took it out. I suppose I must have Save and Close selected in the destination drop down...

However, I need the Save step, because I need the naming abilities provided in the batch process options. How can I do that?

Many thanks.

kyrkesmith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked, and the destination is set to "Folder". Is there any way to stop this destination setting from closing the file?

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is kind of a pain in the neck, but I figured out a workaround to this problem.

You're going to need two actions. One will be the action you have set up already (make sure it has no save steps or close steps). The other action will be an action that does nothing. For example record an action of making a selection and then deselecting.

So run your first action through the batch with the destination as None. Then when you're ready to save, run your dummy action through the batch with all of your save preferences.

I hope that made sense. Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

kyrkesmith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see what you mean, but I don't think it will work!

Here's some more details on what I'm doing and why.

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements Organiser to organise my photos. I catalogue all the images, but then I want to create multiple versions, at different resolutions etc., so I open an image/images in Photoshop cs from Organiser, perform the batch, and then close cs, and the new version is included in a Version Set in Organiser.

Because I want three or four different versions, I really want to do the "batch of batches" in one go, without having to open the images in cs numberous times, and end up with all the versions in a Version Set for each picture.

It seems a bit silly that cs insists on closing, even when there's no aparant reason to...

(Hope this makes some sense to you!).

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... It sounds like you're going to have to do multiple batch processes. I don't see a way around this.

kyrkesmith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks very much for your help anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: