PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
(Batch Action) One File --> Output Many Images
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

iamrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: (Batch Action) One File --> Output Many Images Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Small problem. I’ve scanned in some photos, with each page (3 photos in total per page) saved as a jpeg. I’ved tried to separate the three images into separate files using a batch command, but it seems to write over the file with each save as command – for example:

File 1:
Image 1 is saved as 001.jpg
Image 2 saves over 001.jpg
Image 3 saves over 001.jpg

File 2:
Image 4 is saved as 002.jpg
Image 5 saves over 002.jpg
Image 6 saves over 002.jpg

Etc…

So in the end I only get the last image from the file, and the other two are overwritten. How can I change this so all files are saved correctly?

Cheers,

Rick.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this post has been bugging me since you posted it. I've been thinking about it and I finally figured out a way to do it! Here's what I came up with:

How to set up the action:

Pre-Set Up Steps (These steps should not be recorded in your action):

Step 1: Open your image with the three pictures on it.

Step 2: Make sure it's completely flattened.

Begin Recording action:

Step 1: Get the selection tool and select one of the pictures. Be sure to leave a lot of white space around each selection you do, and don't get too close to any other pictures.

Step 2: Copy

Step 3: New document

Step 4: Paste

Step 5: Save as. Do not give it a name, but specify where you want it saved.

Step 6: Go back to the other document and DO NOT close the previous document.

Step 7: Get the selection tool and select the second picture. Be sure to leave a lot of white space around each selection you do, and don't get too close to any other pictures.

Step 8: Copy

Step 9: New document

Step 10: Paste

Step 11: Save as. Do not give it a name, and save it in the same location.

Step 12: Go back to the other document and DO NOT close the previous document.

Step 13: Get the selection tool and select the third picture. Be sure to leave a lot of white space around each selection you do, and don't get too close to any other pictures.

Step 14: Copy

Step 15: New document

Step 16: Paste

Step 17: Save as. Do not give it a name, and save it in the same location.

Stop the action.

Notes: This action will only work if your pictures are on the pages in relatively the same places. The action will remember the pixel locations of your selections. That's why you need to leave a lot of white space around each image, in case the pictures are a little to the left, right, etc... between all of your scans.

The reason you can't close the images in the action is that the action will save the image under the name of the document since you didn't rename it. When you run your action, make sure you keep everything open so each new document will name itself in succession (Untitled-1, Untitled-2, etc...)

That should work for you. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: