PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch automation problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

member2636

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Batch automation problem Reply with quote

I am trying to use the Batch command to run an action on a number of images i have open Photoshop. Say i have 20 raw images that have been converted to jpegs and opened in Photoshop. I have, on a separate drive, a folder for large jpegs and a folder for small email sized jpegs. What i want to achieve is an action that duplicates the image, downsizes it, converts it from working adobe98rgb to srgb (essentially for email), have it saved to the small jpeg folder, AND then save the larger original copy to the large jpeg folder. And i want to be able to run this action on a number of open images in Photoshop. I've tried to create an action just for the email jpegs alone. Action is: Duplicate, convert to srgb, resize, save as, and close. But when i run this, Photoshop automatically closes the original as well! Is there anything else i could try?

cbadland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand you, I can't reproduce your problem.
Say you just have one large jpg open, and you run the Action to resize to email (not a batch comand), and the Action only has one "close" listed. THAT will still close your original large jpg? It shouldn't.

member2636

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i run the action on just one image (not as batch command) it does NOT close the original image. When i run this action on several opened files, the originals are closed. Why is it closing the originals when i use the batch command but not when i run the action on a single image?

cbadland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. Odd there is no choice I see to keep files open.
The only work-around maybe is to create an Action Droplet and drag a folder of open files onto it. Will that work for you?

EDIT:
OK. Here is another option. If your Action records the destination folder, then choose “None” as the destination in the Batch dialog. This keeps the original file open (for some reason I don’t understand.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: