PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch folders at a time, not images at a time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

hurleyman77

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Batch folders at a time, not images at a time? Reply with quote

I'm a bit of a newb to Photoshop, but not to image processing or computing. I also posted this question on the "official" Photoshop forum.

The background:
I'm interested in using the "superresolution" technique on about 2000 images I've collected, but I'm finding that difficult with the basic batching and actions offered in Photoshop. I've organized all of my images into folders. Each folder contains 4-6 images that need to have the "Superresolution" action (that I recorded) run on them. This action involves having them scaled up, aligned by content, merged into a smart object with a particular blending mode, and then saved as a single image to a different directory with an incremental name. This action works, once I've loaded images, but I've 300+ folders to deal with and the action can neither load the images, nor save the images, and batch processing can't operate folders at a time.

The Question:
It'd be nice if I could tell the batch processor to operate on each FOLDER in the directory, instead of each image. OR it'd be nice if I could give my action a pattern to use in opening files, and then saving new images, instead of having to specify a static name. Scripting might be an option, but it seems like overkill. If I'm going to write a script, I might as well use something more accessible like GIMP and Hugin.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: