PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch save JPEGs with specific names
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

TEDesign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Batch save JPEGs with specific names Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am a web sales designer and design images that are then to go onto mugs/phonecases/t-shirts, etc. We have a mock-up of each product, in black and white, and for the t-shirts we have male and female and also different photographs of the mock-ups for variation.

I have arranged the Photoshop file so I will update the smart object with a new design that will then apply itself to each product. We have 20 product mock-ups, each in their own folder on Photoshop, but will only use about 15 each time for variation. So, for each design, we have about 15 images of this one design on each product.

Each design has it's own number (e.g. 39745) and each product has it's own name, (e.g. TS-WM-WHT-39675 for a woman's white t-shirt) and with each save, this name gets changed accordingly.

My process, in short, is update smart object, save first product, rename, save second product, rename, save third product, rename, etc. Because of the smart objects, it takes about 10 seconds for it to do each of these.

We usually have about 30 designs a day and it will take me a day and a half to apply 30 designs onto all of our products. I have attempted to use the batch action process on Photoshop but, as I have to rename them all accordingly, I am not sure there is a way for me to batch save them all with my preferred name for them.

Ideally, I would like to save each folder/product as a JPEG, and then whizz through and rename them all accordingly. To do this manually would not shave any time off my usual process.

Is there a way for me to drastically change my way of doing this laborious task? I don't mind spending time on things but it would be great if I could speed up the process.

Many thanks for any help in advance. I hope I've been clear enough in my message.

Kind regards,

Maria.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: