PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can a layer set be rotated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

oldkingcole

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Can a layer set be rotated? Reply with quote

I've drawn a number of different audio cable connectors in Photoshop CS for a web-based training course I'm developing. The RCA male connector, for example, is built up out of a combination several layers -- one for the metal "prong", several for the different parts of the red or white plastic case, and so on.

When I drew the original RCA connector, I drew it with the prong facing to the left. I also will need a copy with the prong facing to the right. I don't want to have to draw another RCA connector from scratch facing the other way! But, because of the way the drop-shadows cast internal shadows on the various layers that make up the full image, it isn't obvious to me how to rotate the collection of layers to face the other way. I want the image to rotate 180 degrees, but not the drop-shadows (the light is still coming from the same place and shouldn't flip for the images on the other side of the screen).

What I want is to be able to group the layers together somehow and rotate them all at once, keeping their positions relative to each other intact. Can this be done in either Photoshop or ImageReady? I can't find anything about it in the Photoshop help, and my Google searches are turning up empty too.

If anyone here can help, I'd appreciate it. A flattened image is here: http://www.oldkingcole.com/rca-connectors/rca-connectors.gif if that helps.

Thanks!

jiteye

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I am assuming here that all the layers are in a layer set.
In PS select the layer set , ctl + T should bring up the Transform tool, right click choose flip Horizontal, hit enter.

Should do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: