PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can some help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

troyhop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Can some help? Reply with quote

I need this image duplicated or as close as one can get, in photoshop. This is a orginal design made my me. The size it is now is fine for letterhead, business cards and web. I need it redone for a sign. The sign size is 24 inches wide and 12 inches tall. Please e-mail me or post here if your interested.

Rick 6.jpg
 Description:
owned by Troyhop
 Filesize:  64.44 KB
 Viewed:  1872 Time(s)

Rick 6.jpg

scorpion_666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 questions:

I used to do graphic design or the making of Vinyl Signs for billboards, yard signs, or whatever else you want a sign for. Even for magnets on trucks or huge graphics on semi's. I'm wondering why can't you take the image or email it to a local graphic design company and have them redraw it with Corel Draw or use a thermal print to reproduce the image and just apply it to whatever source you need?

Or do you need it redone to get rid of the word SAMPLE on there? Why is it on there anyway, if you own the software for that image, then the word sample shouldn't be on it. As we had many discs of imagery that we could use over and over again that we had to pay for, but they didn't have any SAMPLE words on them.

troyhop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the word sample for another forum, part of their conditions. I have the orginal file. I have took it to a printing company. They use photoshop. My logo will not export to the size needed for digital printing. It pixelates really bad. The company I took it to is a very large printing company, so their time goes for a premium price. And I was told it could take them 30 - 45 days before someone could start on it. So I am looking for someone who could do a similar logo for a decent price and a lot sooner.

Rick 6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.47 KB
 Viewed:  1859 Time(s)

Rick 6.jpg

scorpion_666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well you want the image done in photoshop and you want it 24 x 12 inches. Is what I'm understanding here.

What are you going to use the signs for? Just curious nothing more on that question, because 24 x 12 was a typical size for magnets for trucks/auto displaying the company name.

I think all that would need to be done is resizing it and increasing the DPI, but I dunno if it will look that good because the image is so small it might need to be done in a different program, or possibly vectored to eliminate the pixelation problem.

I can try it in photoshop, but I don't know to seriously doubt I could get it to work based upon my experience. However I do think I know someone who can help you.

Try this email, it's a business in Iowa and it's where I used to do Graphic Design. But use a real email and not a hotmail, as the company uses email filters and you wont' get through. Or you can call them and tell them you are sending an email and see if they can do it for you. You should be able to get it done by them within a week, and my old boss is really damn good at this, so check them out.

J & J Custom Graphic Design
217 Walnut Street
Atlantic, IA 50022
Office: 712-243-2925
FAX: 712-243-6940
EMAIL: jnjcgd@a-m-u.net

troyhop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. The final sign is going to be that size. It can be done smaller as long as it can be re sized to the needed dimensions. Would you know about what price range would I be looking at ?

cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorpion_666 wrote:
I have 2 questions:

I used to do graphic design or the making of Vinyl Signs for billboards, yard signs, or whatever else you want a sign for. Even for magnets on trucks or huge graphics on semi's. I'm wondering why can't you take the image or email it to a local graphic design company and have them redraw it with Corel Draw or use a thermal print to reproduce the image and just apply it to whatever source you need?

you used to do that?? i do that kind of stuff for my uncle...im pretty good at it too

scorpion_666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyborg wrote:

you used to do that?? i do that kind of stuff for my uncle...im pretty good at it too

Yeah I did it for 4 years. Vinyl graphics, screen printing, application to vehicles, signs, raised lettering on new businesses. I did it all man. It was totally cool.

Glad to meet a fellow offline graphic artist as well as online^^.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: