PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can someone help clean up this image? PLEASE!! Sons B-day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

me399

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Can someone help clean up this image? PLEASE!! Sons B-day Reply with quote

Hi all,

My son found this old image from a shirt that someone custom made and he is dying for one. I have a family friend that does S.S. on shirts and they said they would have no problem making me this for him but we need to blow it up some and clean it up allot. All I want is the image (characters) and the writing not the gray background. I need the black darker and crisper and the letters the same color but a little crisper and brighter as well. The image really only consists of 2 colors and the little twinkle in the characters eye. I am pretty sure that this is a pretty easy job for someone that knows P.S., I tried but I have no idea what I am doing.

Remember, this will also be enlarged some to fit the shirt better.

Thanks for any help in advance, I will score huge points with my son if I can find a way to get this done.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/me399/sandman.jpg

me399

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....... or tell me how to do it.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi me399,

Here's a quick version of the work you wanted done - should come out quite nicely on a t-shirt. If you wanted to do the work yourself then I'd suggest working with a higher resolution image, that way you won't need to enlarge the pixel dimensions when you're done.

For reference I used levels to clean the background and bring out the blacks, hue/saturation to improve the text colour and the dodge tool to bring out those white faces on his jacket. I also cleaned up the text a little with the paintbrush, and used the eraser to rid the image of stray pixels and other noise that the levels command left behind.

If you want to see exactly what I done then let me know and I'll email you the psd file.

Hope this helps

me399

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

me399

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyboy777 wrote:
Hi me399,

Here's a quick version of the work you wanted done - should come out quite nicely on a t-shirt. If you wanted to do the work yourself then I'd suggest working with a higher resolution image, that way you won't need to enlarge the pixel dimensions when you're done.

For reference I used levels to clean the background and bring out the blacks, hue/saturation to improve the text colour and the dodge tool to bring out those white faces on his jacket. I also cleaned up the text a little with the paintbrush, and used the eraser to rid the image of stray pixels and other noise that the levels command left behind.

If you want to see exactly what I done then let me know and I'll email you the psd file.

Hope this helps

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

Now I have one more question. How hard would it be to make the lettering about 2 shades darker purple. When blowing it up and printing it the color gets a little washed out, other than that its perfect and will look great.

Edit: I thought 2 shades darker but thinking on it one shade darker would probably be the sweet spot.

Matt
VIP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fairly easy at this stage because I have all the elements saved on different layers. I'm not 100% sure what your measurement of a shade is but I've tweaked the hue and added a little more saturation.

Any good?

me399

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ask for no more kind Sir.

This is great. When I get the shirt made I will post a picture.

Thanks again.

Matt
VIP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!
Remember, if you need the psd file I still have it on my hard drive, you just need to say the word and I'll send it over.
Regards

me399

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyboy777 wrote:
Sounds good!
Remember, if you need the psd file I still have it on my hard drive, you just need to say the word and I'll send it over.
Regards

I would love the .psd file as well.

jnlemazzeo at gmail dot com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: