PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can't edit anything..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

samiryounan37

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Can't edit anything.. Reply with quote

I was working on my school project and I had to use a layer from a different file into the one I am currently working with then some stuff happened and got some dialogue about rasterize layers or something along of those lines. I did some research and couldn't find how to "un-rasterize" a layer. I don't know which layer was specifically affected but now it's like everything it locked and I can't edit the layer like when I want to move 1 layer across I was able to just select the layer and user the arrows keys to navigate but now I am not able to do this. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not really experienced with photoshop yet. thx

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
it difficult to understand ... don't know for sure what kind of layers your working with and I don't understand how your using the phrase "lock out"

a couple of things and maybe that will help get you back on track...
1. moving layer from one file to another... the way i generally do is i'll open both files... and then do a alt+click+drag the designated layer to to the other open file.. that generally works fine...

2. "lock out" not sure what your meaning here is if it because have a lock symbol on your layers. then just do a double click on the lock sysmbol, you will get a new windows layer and give it name if desired and click ok.. that will eliminate that lock..

if that not what you mean then need some detail on what is happening

3. rasterize.... generally if you have a vector layer and you want to use certain tools or some feature your going to use... that will onlly work with a bitmap... then normally get a notification that you have to rasterize befor using that tool...

note: from your discription and details there no indications that you have rasterize therefor you don't need to unrasterize ...

now onece it been rasterized the only thing you can do is either do a undo action or go into your history at the point before you had rasterize.. otherwise your out of luck...

i hope this helps a little
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: