PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can't open or convert CR2 raw files after recovery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

hmunster123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Can't open or convert CR2 raw files after recovery Reply with quote

I accidentally deleted files on a memory card. I recovered them but Adobe converter won't convert them(if they even need converting) and I can't open them in Photoshop CS3. Any advice appreciated. Took the photos with a Canon G11 and a Canon Rebel XT. Once again they are labeled CS2 files. Thanks.

MMO DevJB

PS Version: PS7, Nvidia DDS Plugin, SageThumbs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't open or convert CR2 raw files after recovery Reply with quote

*.Cr2 or *.Cs2..
You will need "ACR 4.6" Photoshop Plugin which is version specific for CS3.
"Adobe Camera Raw" plugin..

After installing ACR 4.6 and you are unable to open the raw pictures with CS3.
Then you probably need to try using "Adobe DNG Converter" to convert the raw images to a new folder. Keep the original.. Do not overwrite them. :)

I would of course fetch the ACR 4.6 plugin first so my Photoshop would always be ready.
But i also use DNG for this purpose when i am desperate.

Windows? Goto:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows
Get: Version 4.6 downloads from the list.

Mac? Goto: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Macintosh
Get: Version 4.6 downloads from the list.

Again, Version 4.6 is CS3 specific. However.. Others may work the same.

and.. If all fails.. You could always purchase CS6 and install the 7.1 ACR update. This will support your camera models. Should do the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: