PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can you set PS so photos auto fit ot specific size on import
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Akka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Can you set PS so photos auto fit ot specific size on import Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am helping my brother make a photo-mosaic for a Christmas gift. The hard part is, he wants each photo to be different and as of now we have over 1000 different images. We have done about 20% of it manually, but I am wondering if anyone has any advice in regards to saving a bit of time on this project. Basically we calculated where all of our guides need to be and set them and as we drag a photo into Photoshop we resize it manually and place it where it needs to be (and do some cropping if we need to then as well).

I was hoping that someone would have any advice in regards to if there is a way to have Photoshop automatically fit the image to the screen when it's dropped or auto resize them. The problem with using the Image Processor script is that you have to set the specific pixels that it resizes to and not all the images are the same dimensions. If you could set it for a specific percent then that would be perfect, but sadly I don't think you can. Some of the photos are wide, square, portrait, and landscape. Thus, specific pixel dimensions won't work. If there is a setting to even just have Photoshop have the image fit what you can see (for example I'm zoomed in a lot so that I can make sure there are no gaps between the images) when you drop the photo in so that I don't have to zoom all the way out, CTRL+T, resize, zoom in, CTRL+T, fit, etc that alone would save me a tremendous amount of time.

Any advice appreciate. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: