PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Cannot Load Purchased Actions into PS4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

stangcrazed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Cannot Load Purchased Actions into PS4 Reply with quote

I have purchased a set of photoshop actions from MCP Actions about 2 years ago. I have never had problems loading the actions into PS whenever I had to reinstall a new hardrive on my PC. The other day I accidentally deleted the MCP Action set and thought it was no big deal I went to load the action set again and got the message, "Could not load actions because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop." I'm not sure what to do because I really liked this set of actions plus I paid over $100 for the set. Anybody know how I can get them loaded back into PS? Attached in this message is the screen shot I took from PS. Thanks so much, Brian

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try dumping the actions manually into the
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Presets\Actions
folder

Your directory address may be slightly different however it should be similar enough for you to find it.

stangcrazed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks but have already tried that Reply with quote

Actually I have already tried that. I store all of my actions in that particular folder and then when I pull up PS. I click load actions in the actions tab and typically it will load them so I can play them. Any other suggestions?

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says on the MPC actions websites Ultimate Guide to Installing Actions in Photoshop Elements that:

Quote:
You have installed a file into your photo effects folder that doesn’t belong there. The only file types that should be in Photo Effects are files that end in ATN, PNG , thumbnail.JPG, or XML. (In versions 5 and prior ONLY, you can have a psd file.) You should have no subfolders in Photoshop Effects (versions 6 and up). You receive those messages because you are clicking in the Effects palette on files that aren’t actions. Delete these files out of Photo Effects to end this message.

If the above fails to work then you should contact the MCP help-desk:
http://mcpactions.freshdesk.com/support/home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: