PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Category Folders/Action Sets for Actions in PS 7 ? ? ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

DeadIntoIt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Category Folders/Action Sets for Actions in PS 7 ? ? ? Reply with quote

I've purchased several Photoshop action script packages over the years.

I would like to find out if there is a way to group these prefabricated .atn files into an action set so I don't end up with a massive list to scroll through in the actions palette.

The online PS 7 help file was no help. I can see where the help file explanations can end up with having actions I've created myself in an action set, but that doesn't help me with the massive list problem for these pre-fabbed scripts.

The default action sets open up within the palette to show the different .atn scripts in each like this:

That is what I would like to accomplish with my prefabbed .atn's.

Do you know of a way to accomplish that?

Thanks,

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a new set or sets as needed and move the actions.

DeadIntoIt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
Add a new set or sets as needed and move the actions.
Thanks Hawkeye but I tried that I think.

I should have explained what I have tried.

According to Photoshop Online Help, you are supposed to Create a new Action Set then drag the atn files from your list into the set. (hmmmm I didn't try that in button mode though. Maybe that will work.)

I tried numerous times to drag the .atn files in the action palette into the new action set I named/created in the action palette and the actions wont stick in the action set. They keep ending up above or below the action set.

I also tried copying from Explorer and dragging from Explorer but still no luck.

If you are referring to another method of moving the .atn files into an Action Set, please let me know.

Mike

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has a folder symbol then you can't put it into an action set, is already an action set.

You can only change their location, and it will wind up above or below, as you say. The contents of the action set can be moved however into a new or a different action set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: