PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Changing color of image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

johnny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Changing color of image Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to change the colors of an image. Say, for example, I would like to copy and paste the photoshopforums.com logo at the top of this page and change the brown on 'forums' to a green instead. Is it possible to do this? How would I go about doing this is photoshop?

Thanks so much.

TiDaL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a really quick way, go add new layer crt+e i think is the shortcut, then make a box around the 'forums' part, just a square box in the white area but make sure it doesnt overlap any of the other text, then fill it with green color, then on the layer under the layer change it from 'normal' to either color or hue

jackiemcghee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A less quick way is to make a selection around the part you want to change colour (quick masks or pen tool for best results) and then shift its hue, saturation and lightness using IMAGE >> ADJUSTMENTS >> HUE/SATURATION (or CTRL+u [CMD+u on a Mac]).

This way is more tricky but you can really fine tune the results and making the pen tool your friend will really open up the application to you.

expinch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would

1) add a new layer
2) go back to the layer with the type and create a rectanglar selection around all of the type
3) using the magic wand and (ALT), click the color surrounding the type to de-select it
4) at this point you should have only the type selected
5) switch back to your new layer and either use the paint bucket tool to fill in each letter, or using layer styles, select color overlay and choose a color from the available pallate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: