PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Changing Strap Color
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

APergola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Changing Strap Color Reply with quote

Hello,

I am having issues changing the white strap of a watch and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I can try. I was successful when I changed the Blue stripes to brown. I need the center white strip to match the red stripe in the bottom example. To change the blue, I used the Replace color Adjustment tool and to change the white stripe to red, I used the Color Replacement Tool. The color that I was left with is less than desirable. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Amanda

Strap-Color-help.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.69 KB
 Viewed:  442 Time(s)

Strap-Color-help.jpg

username27447

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amanda, here you go. I did this quick, so taking a little more time will get a better result.
1. Make a selection around the white band area
2. Make a new layer from this area above the original layer
3. Make another new layer from this area above the layer in step 2, and hide this layer, we will get back to this in a moment
4. On layer from step 2, use Image/Adjustments/Hue and Saturation. Check the box for Colorize.
5. Play with the slider controls until you get the desired color of red. You will need to slide the top control for the red color, the middle control should go towards the right to increase saturation, the bottom slider should go to the left to darken the color. This should get you close but you will be losing some detail
6. Unhide the layer from step 3.
7. Go to Image/Adjustments/Black + White and use the Blue Filter preset. This will give you a nice black and white of the band
8. In layers set the blending mode to Linear Burn and bring the Opacity down to about 25%, this will bring back your detail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: