PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Cleaning pencil line art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

RaphaelVanier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Cleaning pencil line art Reply with quote

Hello,

I really need a speed-up tip to make line art from pencil art. Here's an example of a piece scanned pencil drawing:

The pencil stroke are too clean and it makes an ugly finish unless I replace everything with clean lines. I have been doing it with 1px line and stroke tool so far but it's an arduous process. An example:

Anyway trick to do it with the photoshop tool. I just want something clean to apply the color on it after that.

Thanks!

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleaning pencil line art Reply with quote

RaphaelVanier wrote:
Hello,

I really need a speed-up tip to make line art from pencil art. Here's an example of a piece scanned pencil drawing:

The pencil stroke are too clean and it makes an ugly finish unless I replace everything with clean lines. I have been doing it with 1px line and stroke tool so far but it's an arduous process. An example:

Anyway trick to do it with the photoshop tool. I just want something clean to apply the color on it after that.

Thanks!

You can use the levels to adjust the image, that'll bring clarity on the image.

Another way is after fixing the level you can import to illustrator and use the trace path command, it will automatically does everything for you and you can then bring back to photoshop as a Smart object, Path, Shape or Pixel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: