PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Color Threshold / Getting Rid of Halos Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jumstead86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Color Threshold / Getting Rid of Halos Question Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Justin and I'm new to the forum. I'm currently running Photoshop Elements 12 and I know my way around a little bit. Right now I'm trying to make some infographics for my blog and I keep running into an issue.

I have black icons which have a gray outer fade to a white background. Because there are a mix of slightly off white pixels surrounding my object, the selection tool I'm using picks up the grainy white color and the result is a halo around my icon when I pull it over onto my infographic background.

Is there a tool that will allow me to choose a mid-range off-white color using the HEX (such as "DFDFE5") and make every color which is that shade or lighter white ("FFFFFF")? With Photoshop's mix of smart algorithms this seems like it might be a possibility. Are there any other ways to get around this issue?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: