PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Color variation between source and target image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jozemaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Color variation between source and target image Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here :).
I was wondering... does anybody knows a way to, have a source color chart, a target color chart, calculate what are the variations between them, and then use that to apply it to another image?
I'm not talking about "match color", I know how that works, but is not what I'm looking for.
It can be compared to switching to a custom color profile (calculated by the variation of source and target). Or something like "color lookup" (but with a custom icc/icm/lut).
Creating a custom icc has been really complicated for me, and I still can't get it to work. (I have the icc profile, but can't open it nor from "convert profile" nor from "color lookup").
Any other ideas? I can't be the only one searching for this... :P
Thank you!

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you give a specific example (in the form of a final image result) of what you are going to do with this once you figure out how to do it?
I'm more confused about what you are trying to achieve even though I kind of understand how you want to go about it.

jozemaner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't have any image right now. But for example, if you take a photograph of a color grid with a digital camera, and then with an analog / vintage camera. Then, calculate how the digital camera represent, for example, the red, and how the analog camera represent it. So then you can apply this variations to images (with proper interpolation of colors). So that the reds in the digital photo will look like the analog photo. I don't know if I'm being clear..
Thanks for the answer!

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand you better this time.

You have to take a photo of your color grid in controlled scene with constant lighting using both cameras taken from the same tripod/position.
Then with them side by side you have to match them by eye using the adjustment layers.
Record an action while you do this and you can then process/batch multiple files at once.

great video here for you to check out:
http://youtu.be/WHvfVc_8eMc

jozemaner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Awesome answer, awesome video. Thank you very much, Auieos! Big Grin

Auieos wrote:
Yes I understand you better this time.

You have to take a photo of your color grid in controlled scene with constant lighting using both cameras taken from the same tripod/position.
Then with them side by side you have to match them by eye using the adjustment layers.
Record an action while you do this and you can then process/batch multiple files at once.

great video here for you to check out:
http://youtu.be/WHvfVc_8eMc

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'm glad I could help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: