PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Coloring a Gray Background
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Coloring a Gray Background Reply with quote

This tutorial will show you how to take a gray background and add color using clouds.

To start, take your to start take your image and add two new adjustment layers (layer/adjustment layers/color balance) with colors that mix well. After that, use CTRL+I to invert them. The background should go gray again.

Next, we are going to create the colors. Click on of the background layers and then use filter/render/clouds. Press CTRL+L to bring up layers. Once you are there, slide the black and white sliders in. Now, your image should look like this:

Next, we add another color. Hit CTRL and left click the adjustment layer we just made and then click the other adjustment layer we haven't done anything to yet. With the selections still selected press CTRL+SHIFT+I to invert our selection. Then, with the new selection still selected, press fliter/render/clouds again (CTRL+F if you haven't done another filter since the last one we did) and it should have added the other color.

Well, I hoped that helped. :) Once you do it a couple times, you can do this quite fast and also add another color sometimes (just move the sliders closer together and you'll be able to add another color. But, if you add another color, to make the selection press CTRL with a left click and then CTRL+SHIFT with a left click on the layers so that you select both and then invert).

Datameister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is good. The example isn't anything spectacular, but the idea is good. It's applicable to a variety of things. Just be careful not to overuse the Clouds filter. Although, it's often possible to customize images made with Clouds in such a way that you don't recognize the filter.

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i get tons of effects this way.

http://www.aazumak.com/finished%20sigs/now_its_a_party.jpg

this is just 1 expample

i have done tons ofm things like this, for the tut i used some bad colors, and i have adapted the style alot more since this is an old post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: