PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Colour cast after installing new graphics card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

MarkSp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Colour cast after installing new graphics card Reply with quote

Hi

I have a company website, including team intranet and jobs site and use photoshop for editing and publishing content, including images for banners and sliders.

I recently replaced a failed graphics card in my computer and I am now adding an image to a banner slider on one of our websites, having used photoshop elements to edit and save the image. The image has a slightly different colour cast to the others and I'm guessing it relates to the new graphics card.

Can anyone tell me what's happening and how to fix this

Thanks
Mark

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, need a bit more information about the problem to give advice.

Does the image appears as a different colour on other computers?
Does the image appear to be the same colour as the others when editing it in Photoshop?
Have you compared the colour codes between the two inside the colour picker?

If you can provide samples of the problem that always helps as well.
A lot of the time bad colours are caused by colour profile issues.

MarkSp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for posting, much appreciated.

Here's a copy of the site - https://sites.google.com/a/theotcentre.co.uk/photoshophelp/

The main banner image has a slider inset (the text) which changes every 5 or 6 secs. When you first visit the home page, if you look closely you will see that there is a 'lighter/brighter' square inset which forms the slider for the text. It should be the same colour as the rest of the banner image.

The next slider, which appears about 5 or 6 secs later, is the correct colour (ie identical to the rest of the banner image). As are the rest.

The first one which is at fault was created after I installed my new graphics card.

All of the sliders are formed from a common background picture (layer) in photoshop.

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I had a look at the website and can see what you mean about the colours being wrong in the first picture.

I downloaded 3 of the images... Two with the correct colours and the one in question.
The bad one has a much smaller file size and accredits Google's Picasa as the program of origin. sRGB is also absent as the 'colour representation' compered with the 2 correct images. (see picture)

I am guessing you do use Picasa as part of your workflow with the website and somehow it has interfered with this image by compressing it and losing some colour profiles. I may be wrong but the difference in details screams of the problem occurring due to Picasa.

Does the image in question have this problem when it is exported direct out of Photoshop using save for web?
Anyway I am hoping by mentioning Picasa this may be a lightbulb moment for you and this has nothing to do with the video card.

A quick search for 'Picasa Changes Colors' brings up others experiencing the same problem as yourself with changing the colors from CYMK to RGB in Adobe Photoshop as the credited solution.
Give that a go. If it works it something to keep in mind when using the service. You may want to investigate Picasa's color profile management settings.

MarkSp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@All, many, many thanks for posting.
@Auieos, thank you so much. This was a lightbulb moment! Picasaweb (which is now part of Google+) is modifying the image. Since Picasaweb has moved to Google+ there are some new settings which autoenhance the image. I have disabled these and this solves the problem.

Thank you again, this could have wasted many, many hours of my time.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more thing! Nice one Columbo ;) emm Auieos.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear Mark.
I like how Auto-enhance wrecks the colors and makes the image size much smaller. Thanks Google. Crazy

And thanks Hermit, Time to log off so I can finish getting drunk. :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop complaining about Google and embrace the new changes to PS Cloud! OBEY!

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Stop complaining about Google and embrace the new changes to PS Cloud! OBEY!

Never
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: