PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
colour profile question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: colour profile question Reply with quote

Hi All
re colour profiles, I currently use srgb north American, I shoot raw on Nikon D300 in srgb, in the Photoshop list of profiles is a Nikon srgb profile, should I use this ? or is the north American just the same.

Thanks

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All versions of sRGB and RGB show the same amount of colours, just in a varying gamut range. As long as you understand the basics such as output and embedding profiles then you won't go far wrong. There should be a few links around here to colour space problems and the like too if you do a search.

myphotos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
All versions of sRGB and RGB show the same amount of colours, just in a varying gamut range. As long as you understand the basics such as output and embedding profiles then you won't go far wrong. There should be a few links around here to colour space problems and the like too if you do a search.

Yes he is right.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trawled around the 'net for you and found this link over at model mayhem's forums, seems to encompass what I wanted to get across, it's about 1/2 way down the first page that it gets pertinent to you, but I would read it all anyway.

sRGB vs RGB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: