PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Comments/Critique wanted for web design interface
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

FooserX1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Comments/Critique wanted for web design interface Reply with quote

Hello!

I am new here, and would like some feedback on a design I am doing for our new state foosball site. It's going to have a lot of information, but I am just the designer, and leave the coding and scripts to another guy.

I have 2 styles...

1) A clean table-like layout.

I have tried putting in content and tables into this to see how good it will look, and so far just dead ends. I can't seem to come up with a visually exciting look for this flat non-textured interface.

2) A more textured, 3D look.

I honestly like the textured 3D look better, but I have a few concerns with it. Namely how is it going to look when I add text and content. Also how hard will it be to code updating information using these graphics. In addition, I think the "3D" textured look might be a little..."yesterday". Like..the style is old and played out.

Any thoughts? Comments?

I really don't mind critiques, that's how I get better. Although I am really attached to the main banner/logo.

X

HomePage6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  191.92 KB
 Viewed:  1054 Time(s)

HomePage6.jpg

FooserX1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, it didn't take the cleaner look...so here is that version. It's slightly different because I am designing different themes for different times of the year.

Thanks!

HomePage2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.27 KB
 Viewed:  1053 Time(s)

HomePage2.jpg

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, did the "other guy" tell you how the website is going to be made? As in the coding and scripting? As I just copied that link to my browser and your design doesn't really transfer well (yet).
Cause I know if I do stuff like that right bar and give it to my CSS guy to translate it into a CMS template I basically get beat up for giving him a hard time.

There's some things I like and some things I dislike but that's in any design I guess.

My overall point of advice to improve would be to figure out what elements of your design can be translated from the image to code.
(For example: A gradient background could fade from black to a grey like #111111 and be as long as that gradient is, have #111111 on the background colour, just be 1px wide and tiled horizontally across the top.)

FooserX1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thoughts!

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the design part, and then deal with the scripting part. the actual "www.cofoosball.com site is just a forum right now, but you can see how it's working on the actual site.

I did think of the blending at the bottom for scrolling, and I Was thinking that the red side bar would be inside of a table, with all the graphical parts as table cell backgrounds? The old site had that all scripted out, but it was just flat colors.

I guess right now, I'm looking for thoughts on the 2 different directions without considering the coding. If my friend says it's too complicated (he's really badass though, so we'll see), then I guess I'll have no choice but to make the plain one have some more life.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: