PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Could not complete your request becos the layer is not a...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know man, it's not looking good. Check out these links:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@251.tgMqcaf2WDg.0@.3bb3dfd0/11

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@42.NfKYc5zmWz9.3@.3bb4af9b

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Homoud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I do have the same problem as whoami007. and the same error message; it dosent offer me to update as in the error message OYBRO posted!
I am using photoshop CS 8. The files originaly created in Mac and I was able to open them in ME ver 7.
In photoshop site I was able to spot similar cases and they recommend to use a utility called Repair Type Layer, where you drag the PSD file into it and it should fix the problem, but it didn't work for me; maybe because I am using ver 8 and the utility is just for older versions!

Thanks for helping
Best Regards

witam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some suggestions that might help:

*7.0.1 update
*rasterize text layers

but what would be best if you could upload a psd file here (or send me by mail) so i can see it..

Hope it helps..

http://members.chello.be/wotsa
http://www.shadowness.com/witam

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time on this problem. I searched the web for quite some time. I found a lot of people with the same problem, but no solution. The best thing I can think of is to call Adobe Tech Support. The only reasonable conclusion I came up with was that PS 7 ME has a bug in it. I wish I could find the answer to this though, but I don't have the ME version to do any tests on.

Sorry Frown

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Homoud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to be able to open these files, is to remove photoshop cs 8, reinstall me 7, and files will open. it worked for me and I was able to open these files. The fonts that is not recognized by cs 8 will show in the layer pan a samll yellow triangel. I believe repalceing the font with somthing recognizable by photoshop CS 8 will work I think (I havn't done so yet).

soda88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: found something that works for me... Reply with quote

I was having the same problem (middle eastern version) and none of my ps7 files would open in CS. If you open the PSD file with ImageReady instead of Photoshop that works for me. In ImageReady just change the font and bring it over to Photoshop.
Hope it works for you, this was really bugging me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: