PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Creating an Accurate Mask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gogolf757

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Creating an Accurate Mask Reply with quote

My project requires a precise mask of an object--particularly clothes on a colored background. I've been using the pen tool to accurately outline the object (even for hair, which takes forever!!). The quick selection tool provides a quick mask, when used with the refine edge command, but the outline is not precise enough to satisfy the customer.

So my company's current project is to mask 100-200 items then send the outline back to the sender as a compressed photoshop file.

FYI I'm currently using CS5 and am running a DTP business, so a quality mask is of utmost importance for customer satisfaction.

I absolutely hate the pen tool. How can I make my process more efficient?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum gogolf757. As they say a picture speaks a thousand words, do you have a tpyical example that you can post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: