PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Critique/Help for face of "Impossibly Damaged" pic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

openforum2011

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Critique/Help for face of "Impossibly Damaged" pic Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I look forward to being a member here!

So I've been given a B&W photo restore task that many others said there was no point in trying because it was "impossible" to restore the face due to too much damage, stains, and missing parts of the face. I've been working on it for a week already now and I've gotten this far.... I just wanted to get some feedback (how good does it look, etc... I can't view it objectively because I've been looking at it for so long). Also maybe some critique, or even help if anyone is kind enough to offer some....

Here's the original picture:

Here's my work so far:

An alternate version with more "eye shadowing":

So, there it is. I've actually managed to reconstruct the face after tedious amounts of time doing so, nonstop clone stamp, dodge, burn, copying hair and creating new layers, blending them, etc.

ANY replies of any type of constructive criticism or help would be very well appreciated. Thanks so much!!

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miaow mraow meow amazingly great job!!! :O

I had to reconstruct an image recently and it was the biggest Photoshop job I've ever undertaken.

The only change I would make is to undarken the areas around the subject's eyes and her left eyebrow doesn't quite look right, but this really is nitpicking considering the condition of the original picture.

Kudos!

Meow.

Last edited by d^_^b on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree nice job, but eyebrows and eye liner need lightening...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: