PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Cropping picture
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

djrikstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Cropping picture Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I have a few pictures i need to crop and ideally i need to keep the same size. I have changed the crop setting to Original Ratio but it seems to blur the picture maybe duplicates pixal not sure.

My question is how do i crop the picture and keep it same image size without losing quality within the cropped area?

Thanks

username27447

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are cropping into a picture and then enlarging that picture back to the original size you will have a loss of image quality. No way around that. The larger the original image and the higher the resolution of the original image the less the quality loss will be noticeable. So, always do your work on the largest size image possible with the highest resolution possible and do any resizing/ compressing as the last step to minimize the image loss. Also if you are resizing the image make sure you pick the correct resample image technique for the resize. Sometimes hitting the image with a sharpening filter as the last step can help minimize the apparent quality loss from the resize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: