PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS4 very laggy in Vista64
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

shepk9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: CS4 very laggy in Vista64 Reply with quote

I'm using a desktop 2.4ghz quad core, 8gb ram, nvidia 9800gt video, 1000w ps, its a brand new PC with Vista 64.
I loaded CS4 64 bit, and its laggy. Everything I do takes forever. For example, if i make a text box and start typing, I'll finish typing a sentence and it will appear 15-20 seconds later.
If I want to move that text box, I drag to to the location I want, and have to hold the mouse there for 15-20 seconds before the text moved there.

This is just text, haven't ever opened a photo yet, plain whiteboard with text.

I've got the latest drivers for the card, no other programs are running, and no other programs have issues. So I'm assuming there there is something I missed while setting up photoshop. I've tried with opengl disabled.

Any tips?

Thanks

Zonexl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the latest Photoshop update? I've been running CS4 64 bit on Vista X64 just fine for over a year now, not even the slightest delays and rock solid stable.
What you could try just to rule out any conflicts, is stopping every non-Windows process in task manager and starting Photoshop again. Also try resetting your preference file.

shepk9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zonexl wrote:
Did you get the latest Photoshop update? I've been running CS4 64 bit on Vista X64 just fine for over a year now, not even the slightest delays and rock solid stable.
What you could try just to rule out any conflicts, is stopping every non-Windows process in task manager and starting Photoshop again. Also try resetting your preference file.

I was actually just logging in to say that it just updated and that got rid of most the problems. I could have swore i updated it after installation.
Problem solved. Thanks anyways. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: