PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Customizing image size for Web -- How?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Delphi123

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Customizing image size for Web -- How? Reply with quote

Dear friends:

I am trying to learn how to use Photoshop by both reading the documentation and using it. So I am doing this step by step as I work on a specific project.

First, I created a FIRE psd image and saved it as a jpg file:

http://www.websher.net/temp/fire4.jpg

I would like to use this image on my web site. To do this I need to reduce this image to the following precise dimenstions: height: 238, width: 264. I know how to select and trim the image that I want using the Square deselect tool. No problem there. What I don't understand is how can I see the precise dimensions of this new image BEFORE I save it as a new file. Is there a way for me to see these dimensions as I select the image and adjust the selection accordingly?

Would appreciate your help.

Thank you so much.

Benjamin

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really clear on your problem but I presume it is re-size related.

Make sure that you have the status bar on in PS at the bottom (Window>Status Bar). Then locate the little black arrow at the bottom left of the screen, you should find various options like, document dimensions or document size etc..

To re-size image choose, Image>Image Size and then input dimensions.

Delphi123

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear hermit:

Thanks so much for your good advice. Will check for the arrow and for Image > Image Size in Photoshop.

Thanks again.

Benjamin

jiteye

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps another solution would be to create a new document, based on your size specs.
In PS, open your other document.
Dragging the layers from the old to the new and then resizing the needed layers to fit in the new docuent.
When ur ready for the web you can ctrl + shift + alt + S
to save for web, here you can choose many options that will reduce your image size for web.

If these don't work you may want to jump to image ready and take advantage of slices & what not.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: