PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Cut out plug in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

smithd46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Cut out plug in Reply with quote

I have read in Photoshop mag about Vertus Fluid Mask which is the lastest generation cut-out tool but it's for OS with PC version due in the future. Does any one know of a PC windows alternative I can use now ??

Mendes Da Costa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC version of Fluid Mask has been available for Windows since last year. They offer a trial download so you can try before you buy. There is also Corel's Knockout too, but I'm not sure if they do a demo or not.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluid masks had some mixed reviews, some say it the best thing since sliced bread, and others say it's just a updated quick mask (based on the magic wand) I haven't tried it so I cant comment on that, but for a review check out issue 3 of photoshpp creative. (they say it beat photoshop, but it's not a one click wonder)
minimum spec for windows pc is windows 2000, 750mghz or higher.

Wayne

lasa

PS Version: CS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the Fluid Mask demo...couldn't get anything out of it without a ton of work and re-work, so why bother...Knock-out is pretty much the best of the bunch in my book but it's barely better then the extract tool and I don't think neither fluild / Knock-out is worth their asking price.

The extract tool can do some very good extractions..When I use the extract tool, I find it best to use the Smart Highlights with a small as possible brush..changing the width as you go around according to the pictures needs.

Good luck,

Lasa

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to argree that Fluid mask is not exactly cheap, I saw it advertised here in the UK for £175 ($305) personally I'd rather use one of the other extract tool allready in Photoshop than pay that, but I suppose it depends on how often you extract something and how well you can get it to work.
I didn't bother trying it, as I could never justify the price for the amount of extracting I do for my work. Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: