PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Desperately in Need of Help with an Action!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nireland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Desperately in Need of Help with an Action! Reply with quote

Hello,

I need to create several thousand QR codes and I am trying to work out how to automate it so that I don't have to make them one at a time.

My idea was to download the EVEnX QR Code plugin for Photoshop and then make an action, or series of actions, to make the codes en mass. The information I need in each QR Code is a URL, with each code having a unique one that links to the products serial number.

So, I created a file roughly the size of the QR codes I needed and used vairables to insert the URL on text layer. I was hoping to be able to create an action that would copy that text, open the plugin (which works like a filter), paste the text, create the code and save/close the image.

However, I can't seem to get it to work. I don't know how to make an action to have it highlight the text layer or an action to paste it into the plugin.

Also, the plugin allows you to make a variable of certain information it pulls from the file but the closest I can get to what I need is file name, however I can't make the files named for the URL because of the slashes. They allows you to use file name, file path and the information like size and date.

Sorry for the long post but I HAVE to get this figured out as this project is for work and I am on a time limit. I don't have to use an action, any other way would be fine! I don't have much experience with scripts but if you can walk me through one that would work then I would be happy to try! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: