PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Digital Equivalent of a Double Exposure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Stevekir

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Digital Equivalent of a Double Exposure Reply with quote

I want to take an in-door photo of a shiny 1-foot long model of a vintage car where the lighting simulates outdoors sunny lighting (direct sunlight plus sky light to fill in shadows a bit). If I had a non-digital camera I would try a double exposure: one with a direct flash and one with a light in an umbrella, adjusting the exposure of each to suit. The two lighting effects would hopefully be added in the camera.

But double exposures with (that is, in) a digital camera seem impossible.

So I could try taking two shots, each with the lighting described above, and combining them in Photoshop (CS6) in some way, putting each shot in its separate layer. I have tried using the Eraser tool with its Opacity set to 50% on a couple of layers each with an image chosen at random from my gallery. This gives some sort of effect but is that the way to go?.

How would you combine, additively, the two shots to get my effect please? (I am familiar with Photoshop but not the advanced features.)

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your two shots, put one on a layer above the other, then play with the blending mode for the top layer. (Located in the layer panel up the top, default set to 'normal')
I am guessing screen or multiply will be the ones your after.

Stevekir

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Digital Equivalent of a Double Exposure Reply with quote

Thanks. I haven't tried blending modes before so will have a go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: