PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
download help
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

imagemaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: download help Reply with quote

I have been installing Design Standard from the Adobe site. After I download I am asked to run or save. I choose save and then I am prompted to pick a program to open the downloaded file. I choose Photoshop, the file on the desktop turns into a PS icon and then it runs. But why am I being asked what program to open the download with, where is the rest of Design Standard, and how come I'm not being asked to put in a serial number?

Please help asap. Thanks!

imagemaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Please help Reply with quote

So heres the situation.

Adobe phone support (seems to be in India) always helps. I have a license for installing my disk on many computers at my school. For some reason, the XPs we have won't take the Design Standard disk to install. They try to install and then say its unsuccessful. Adobe on the phone tells me my disc has 32 and 64 bit versions both on the disc, but it doesn't work, so I've been downloading direct from the site. Windows come up that ask me to run, save and open and apparently that's where the problem has been coming from. I found that when I saved the file I could make a folder automatically and then I'd get the set up option. Then the extraction would happen, I'd eventually be asked for my serial number and the install would happen successfully.

However I'm still trying to understand what happened before. I would go to the site, run the Design Standard and then eventually get prompted to choose a program to open it. I'd choose Photoshop and then the icon on the desktop would turn into a PS one. I'd be able to open and run PS but no sign of Design Standard. Then I realised since through all of this I was never asked for the serial number and I never saw the Adobe install screen, that I must have been downloading a trial version.

Does that make sense?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: