PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
DVD Covers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Macdon22shipp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: DVD Covers Reply with quote

Good morning all. I was just wondering if there is a tutorial for making DVD covers using PS 7.0? Thanks for any help. Big Grin

Goog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a bit general there...Maybe more specific?

Proprius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just made a DVD cover for a school thing about a month ago. I couldn't find any tutorials, so to speak, but it wasn't that hard. Just measure everything, so you know the size of the spine, front, and back, to make sure it fits. What I then did was drew an outline with these measurements included on a bottom layer (to be deleted in the final version) and used a different DVD cover as a model for things like description location, special features loacation, etc. The movie was a recreation on two scenes from Homer's Odyssey, so I had a sorta marble/stone theme going. If you want to see it I'd be happy to post it up. What I did use tutorials for is the stone effect, and a couple other things. Hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

teddc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay
I'd like to see it
ted

Proprius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you are.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the text on the back cover, but I was running out of time. If you want the .psd file, I'd be glad to e-mail it or get it to you some other way. It's about 4mbs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cd covers are relitively pretty easy to make. on the front is usually a odd and/or cool picture of what ur doing. the whole thing usually has a backround or a backround color that changes in places, as you see on the fold part above. back is songs, discription, produces, bar code, rating, and coments by famous and/or rich people.

Macdon22shipp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice cover!!! Since my first post at the top i have figured out a DVD template and how to do the background. Now i've got a few pictures i would like to drop on top of that and resize it to whatever size i would like. I can get it onto the background by calling it up from my hard drive and dragging and dropping it. Now which tool or function do i use to resize it? Thanks for your patience and help with a begginer.

Proprius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can resize it one of two ways. The best way, in my opinion, is to just go to Edit: Image size, but that will only work before you drag it into the main picture. If it's alraedy in the picture, select it, and use your Transform tool (not sure which one) to shrink or grow it.

Macdon22shipp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I went with your first suggestion and it worked great. Couldn't find the transform tool either. Thanks again.

Proprius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Happy to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: