PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Easy way to clean up a photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

HeyRobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Easy way to clean up a photo Reply with quote

I have a logo that I am trying to blow up for a banner and was wondering is there an easy way to clean up the edges. It seems like if I used the magic wand to select the edges of the logo then if there was a way to remove the rough edges it would look fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Select your logo with magic wand then click the 'refine edge' button and refine edge dialog should appear.

HeyRobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:
Hey, Select your logo with magic wand then click the 'refine edge' button and refine edge dialog should appear.

Thanks so much for responding. I Magic wanded (if that is a word) then selected refine edge and then adjusted all the settings not really knowing what I was doing but it did not seem to change anything every time I adjusted something it would think for a few seconds but the edges never looked any different. Should I make a new layer or is there a specific way to achieve the desired results I am looking for. I definitely think you have me on the right path though. Thanks.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit* seems I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick, do you want to remove the background or just enlarge the image as a whole? */edit*

Select>Colour Range and then knock out the greys with a manual select of colour using the eyedropper, you could smooth the selection too using a radius of 1 or so. It will still look rough as badgers though.

HeyRobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wanting to just clean up the roughness of the edges they are jagged for some reason. Its mainly on the leaf. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not like the following, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to enlarge to image without loss of quality. Already the image is of a fairly low quality (unless it's just the compression in saving for the web), but it really needs to be re-created rather than retouched.

HeyRobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
You may not like the following, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to enlarge to image without loss of quality. Already the image is of a fairly low quality (unless it's just the compression in saving for the web), but it really needs to be re-created rather than retouched.

I am ok with honesty :) Here is the original.

Do you think there is any hope for it?

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed it to layer from a background, then went to SELECT/COLOR RANGE then chose the white background, hit BACKSPACE which deletes the white this appeared to me to leave the edges as good as they could be...

No good showing a pic of it as the qualites to low on here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: