PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
EDITING help please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

420Faith

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: EDITING help please Reply with quote

I am NEW and trying to remove the white border behind this picture, in order to make it a logo and edit it from there.. I select with magic tool but no delete option.. regards

WORKOUT-LOGO-VECTOR1.jpg
 Description:
How do i remove the white square backround ,im trying to make it just a logo with no white backround
 Filesize:  84.76 KB
 Viewed:  1779 Time(s)

WORKOUT-LOGO-VECTOR1.jpg

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use blend-if command. Double click on the picture icon in the layer palette and then drag the slider of the white on top to the left a little, split the slider for a more refined result using Alt.

You could of course use channels or knock out the white or indeed black and inverse it in a myriad of other ways. Pretty sure the members here will have alternatives.

blend-if.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.57 KB
 Viewed:  1770 Time(s)

blend-if.gif

username27447

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, a couple of thoughts. If you are bringing the jpeg into Photoshop make sure that you don't have a white background layer behind the image layer. If you do you could be using the magic wand and deleting all day but you would be seeing the white background layer behind the image and it would look like nothing happened.

You may want to change that background layer to black or some other dark color so that you can spot any white fringing on the edge of your selection.

Just my opinion, but I would work on this image in Illustrator and not Photoshop. Tracing the image in Illustrator would allow you to keep your edges hard.

abhijeet_sojwal

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: EDITING help please Reply with quote

420Faith wrote:
I am NEW and trying to remove the white border behind this picture, in order to make it a logo and edit it from there.. I select with magic tool but no delete option.. regards

First of all I think your image is a gif image - if yes then go to image->mode> Greyscale, then follow the steps below.

1) Double click on the background layer (probably the only layer in your case) and hit enter to unlock the background layer

2) hit ctrl+j or CMD+j and create the duplicate layer - change the blending mode of this new layer to multiply, then hit ctrl + E to merge the layers.

3) Take the magic want tool, with around 20-25 tolerance, select white color

4) Go to select and choose select similar

5) then Delete the selected area and you will get a transparent logo. with good quality adges.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: