PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
face swapping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

djps55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: face swapping Reply with quote

Argue i am new to photoshop elements 7 and need detailed instructions on how to do face swapping,i want to print instructions,so i can go step by step to change certain faces in my photo projects.
thank you

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the easiest ways, I think, is to make a selection of the face. It doesn't have to be exact. Copy and paste it onto the target picture, it will be on it's own layer. Reduce the opacity of this layer to see through the pasted face, that will make it easier to align it with the face below.

Now click ctrl+t for transform and align and or resize the face as necessary. Use the eyes as a guide for placement. When you get it placed properly bring the opacity back to 100%. Use a soft eraser at low opacity where required on the new layer to remove excess areas and to blend it into the original.

At this point you likely will need to adjust the layer for color/saturation contrast, lighting, etc. to get the best match.

djps55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i get the skin color to match after doing face swap,what tools do i use?need step by step instructions.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but there is no one single set of instructions for correcting the skin color to match. It all depends on the image itself as to what technique will yield the best results.

Hue/saturation, selective color, brightness/contrast, curves, etc. can all be used. Experiment for yourself, but do so using adjustment layers.

djps55

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
Sorry, but there is no one single set of instructions for correcting the skin color to match. It all depends on the image itself as to what technique will yield the best results.

Hue/saturation, selective color, brightness/contrast, curves, etc. can all be used. Experiment for yourself, but do so using adjustment layers.

thank you Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: