PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Firefox won't open at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Firefox won't open at all Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I have been having a problem recently that I can't sort out no matter what I try. The long and short of it is that Firefox no longer works, at all, not even a smidgeon!

I am using Firefox 3.6 (the latest version). My electricity went off and with it the computer, after the electric came back on I rebooted the computer to find that Firefox no longer works. I get a Mozilla Crash Reporter dialogue box pop up and ask if I want to report the problem to Mozilla for them look into and two further options, Restart Firefox and Quit Firefox. No matter what I do it constantly pops up the eponymous Dialogue Box.

Not being a complete moron I have read and read around the problem. Firefox official pages go through various steps to diagnose said problem and I have exhausted all routes as far as I can tell. I include the link to my crash report http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/5147b2fe-fa4a-4dfa-9996-b98692100607 for those with a techie mind that might find it helpful. I have gone through all online content that I can find related to the problem. I cannot start Firefox in Safe Mode, I cannot change or add a new Profile even from the command line within Windows any any attempt to invoke Firefox through a command prompt sends me back to the Crash Report boxout of Firefox. I have searched for dll's that that are 'suspicious' and have no version information, the only one is JS3250.dll which is found in the main Mozilla/Firefox directory, various virus checks find no problems with it. In short I have exhausted (I think) what this page tells me to do: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+crashes+when+you+open+it. Finally I have removed (not uninstalled) all instances of Mozilla/Firefox from within the registry and of course my HD. On fresh install the same problem is present. Lastly I have Malware and Virus checked all files on my HD, removed one adware and two trojans (low level), still it makes no odds.

HELP?

Google Chrome is lurking in the shadows if I can't use Firefox Frown

There is a slew of information on the 'net about the problem, so if I haven't included all the steps or sites that I have gone to, to diagnose my problem I apoligise in advance.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Frown Wish I had some suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am getting close to a breakdown, Google Chrome is as much use as a choclate teapot, I get page after page of Aw Snap! (Don't get me started on troubleshooting it!!) as I have Mcafee.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no response at all?!? It's been 5 minutes since I last begged! ;)

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running google desktop search, skype, yahoo! desktop search, or roboform?

Maybe try download an app that will monitor what the system is accessing while the problem is occurring.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above Auieos. The Odyssey continues...

I am currently stalking the Firefox troubleshooting communtiy, if I get an answer I'll forward it on.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. My computer locked up and I had to hard reset it, on reboot I had the horrid C:Windows32 vital file that was fine 10 seconds ago is now missing, message. I was given the opportunity to put CD in and press 'r' to repair. Did so. Went to toilet and came back to discover it had installed a fresh version of Windows over my current version, rendering my Program List useless, even though I have all the programs on the C drive and can start them manually.

On the positive side, FIREFOX IS OK! Frown gahhhhh

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nasty. Maybe a good opportunity for reformat. least u got fox working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: